- Know the value of your business. Don’t even think about selling until you know what your business should sell for. Get a formal Valuation or, at minimum, a Broker Opinion of Value. Call us to explain.
- Get prepare to sell. Have your financials properly prepared. There is an often-quoted statement in the business world: “The time to prepare your business to sell is the day you buy it or start it.” Easy to say, but very seldom adhered to. Now really is the time to think about the day you will sell and to prepare for that day.
- Sell your business when it is growing and it is doing well. The old quote: “The time to sell your business is when it is doing well” should also be adhered to. It very seldom is – most sellers wait until things are not going well.
- Consult with your Tax guy. Ask your accountant about the tax impact of selling your business. Do this on an annual basis just in case. However, the tax impact is only one area to consider and a sale should not be predicated on this issue alone.
- Maintain or continue growing the business. Continuing to manage the business is a full-time job. Retaining the best outside professionals is almost a must. Utilizing a professional business intermediary will allow you to spend most of your time running your business.
- Finally, in the words of many sage experts, “Keep it simple.” Don’t let what looks like a complicated deal go by the boards. Have your outside professionals ready at hand to see if it is really as complicated as it may look.
https://empireoc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/empire-business-solutions.png 0 0 bbpadmin https://empireoc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/empire-business-solutions.png bbpadmin2014-01-09 14:11:202020-05-22 08:03:16Considering Selling Your Business? Some Things to Consider